Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finding Your TrueNorth

Now that the cooler weather has arrived here in Sunny F.L.A., I enjoy a nice, light and wholesome snack to keep up my strength as I dash through the Christmas Crazy Shopping Lanes and all those festive office parties. etc.!

I discovered my "TrueNorth" while working at my first not-for-profit employer - an association for retarded citizens in Putnam County, New York. P.A.R.C. was an amazing organization that helped serve this community with dignity and respect. I worked in the Day Treatment Program as the administrative assistant to the director of the program. I was amazed at the caring and compassion displayed reciprocally by the clinicians, teachers, and clients! The clients all wanted to learn new life skills and independence for the least restrictive environment possible based on their ability. It was a life-altering experience, and I've worked in the not-for-profit sector ever since!

I am totally "hooked" on TrueNorth brand snacks from Frito-Lay! These great snacks are great tasting and good for you! Lots of nuts for a nutty world, huh?

Frito-Lay's TrueNorth™ brand of nut snacks is built on a core belief that we all have inspirational stories to share and to celebrate, and they are dedicating themselves to using that brand to discover, document and share those stories with the world.

TrueNorth is inviting people to submit a story that describes how they (or someone they know) are pursuing his or her life's passion at www.truenorthsnacks.com/story. One story will be chosen to share with the world in the form of a 60-second commercial aired during the 81st Annual Academy Awards® broadcast on February 22, 2009. The inspirational spot will be directed by Oscar®-winning actress Helen Hunt and the winner will receive $25,000 to help in the pursuit of his or her passion.

No comments: